paganini MX rejects all
Marco Moock
2024-01-29 19:48:09 UTC
Hello!

Currently a dnsbl at paganini is out of control an rejects every
message, regardless from which server.
I dunno if that is an issue at spamhaus, a cache issue or at his site.
At least at this time, 2001:41d0:2:2cb6::1 doesn't run an open resolver.

That is the Posteo outgoing server.

<***@bofh.team>: host mail.bofh.team[94.23.43.182] said: 554
5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [185.67.36.66] blocked using
zen.spamhaus.org; Error: open resolver;
https://check.spamhaus.org/returnc/pub/2001:41d0:2:2cb6::1/ (in
reply to RCPT TO command)

That is mine
<***@bofh.team>
(reason: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host
[2a01:170:118f:3::22] blocked using zen.spamhaus.org; Error: open
resolver;
https://check.spamhaus.org/returnc/pub/2001:41d0:2:2cb6::1/)

Both are not running an open resolver, and rather interesting, the IP
of paganini shown in the link doesn't return any problem when querying
the spamhaus website for it.
--
kind regards
Marco

Spam und Werbung bitte an ***@nirvana.admins.ws
Ivo Gandolfo
2024-01-29 21:27:44 UTC
Post by Marco Moock
Both are not running an open resolver, and rather interesting, the IP
of paganini shown in the link doesn't return any problem when querying
the spamhaus website for it.
Hi Marco,

my server it's protected by zen of SpamHaus, but to use it with
openresolver (Google, Cloudflare, Quad9 etc) need a a key from Spamhaus
itself, but I don't know why today all query reply with 127.0.0.1 key
invalid.

Now I have requested new key to Spamhaus and it's working back.

Sincerely
Ivo Gandolfo
Marco Moock
2024-01-30 08:10:29 UTC
Post by Ivo Gandolfo
my server it's protected by zen of SpamHaus, but to use it with
openresolver (Google, Cloudflare, Quad9 etc) need a a key from
Spamhaus itself, but I don't know why today all query reply with
127.0.0.1 key invalid.
Why don't they respond with 127.255.255.254 like it is described in
https://www.spamhaus.org/news/article/788/spamhaus-dnsbl-return-codes-technical-update
?
--
kind regards
Marco

Send spam to ***@cartoonies.org
Ivo Gandolfo
2024-01-30 09:15:50 UTC
my server it's protected by zen of SpamHaus, but to use it with
openresolver (Google, Cloudflare, Quad9 etc) need a a key from
Spamhaus itself, but I don't know why today all query reply with
127.0.0.1 key invalid.
Why don't they respond with 127.255.255.254 like it is described in
https://www.spamhaus.org/news/article/788/spamhaus-dnsbl-return-codes-technical-update
?
Because that's the code that responds when you use zen.spamhaus.org with
an openresolver. I used the host that was provided to me, and if the key
is invalid it responds with that code.

Sincerely
Ivo Gandolfo
noel
2024-01-30 12:47:55 UTC
Post by Ivo Gandolfo
Because that's the code that responds when you use zen.spamhaus.org with
an openresolver. I used the host that was provided to me, and if the key
is invalid it responds with that code.
The keys are checked every 12 months, if you ignore S/H's emails, they
end your subscription and invalidate the key - as you found out.
Ivo Gandolfo
2024-01-30 16:04:40 UTC
The keys are checked every 12 months, if you ignore S/H's emails, they
end your subscription and invalidate the key - as you found out.
I have added zen 6 month ago (and created the account on that date).
That's not the case.

Sincerely
Ivo Gandolfo
noel
2024-01-31 04:00:01 UTC
The keys are checked every 12 months, if you ignore S/H's emails, they
end your subscription and invalidate the key - as you found out.
I have added zen 6 month ago (and created the account on that date).
That's not the case.
Sincerely
That is strange, anyway Ricardo seems to have resolved it for you, thats
all that matters.