archived articles available at usenetarchives.com date back to 1988
Don
2023-12-19 14:55:45 UTC
A cursory glance indicates this site seems comprehensive, in both
breadth and length, so to speak.

<https://usenetarchives.com/threads.php?id=news.software.nntp&y=0&r=0&p=1>

But you must bring your own search engine, because it offers no search
functionality.

###

Further inspection indicates the 1988 dates on news.software.nntp may be
an outlier. A spot check of a few other groups shows earliest dates in
the mid-1990s. Also, the archive's latest dates tend torwards April
30 2022. And, the quantity of articles archived for each group seems
low.

Danke,
--
Don, KB7RPU, https://www.qsl.net/kb7rpu
There was a young lady named Bright Whose speed was far faster than light;
She set out one day In a relative way And returned on the previous night.
Retro Guy
2023-12-19 15:02:43 UTC
Post by Don
But you must bring your own search engine, because it offers no search
functionality.
###
Further inspection indicates the 1988 dates on news.software.nntp may be
an outlier. A spot check of a few other groups shows earliest dates in
the mid-1990s. Also, the archive's latest dates tend torwards April 30
2022. And, the quantity of articles archived for each group seems low.
I keep some old articles on news.novalink.us . It's static, and there are
a lot of empty groups, but there are also a lot of older articles there.
It's mostly the pre-renaming groups.

It's just running static. I'll keep it online as long as people are
interested.